Thursday, October 22, 2009

And, for all those interested, the newest seasonal Pepsi: Azuki

The newest seasonal Pepsi has come out and this time it's another traditional Japanese style flavor. Last time we had Shiso, this time we have Azuki. I'm not sure anyone knows what azuki is outside of people who like Japanese sweets so I'll explain, it's basically a small red sweet bean. It's the bean the is used to make anko, the red bean paste that is prevalent in Japanese sweets and snacks.

Here is a shot of it:



Here is a second shot that is a close up of the label text:



The text roughly translates as:

"An elegant meeting of Pepsi and Azuki. An exciting and new cola with refined sweetness."

Sorry, that is really rough, but you get the gist anyway.

The taste is kind of Azuki kind of sweet cotton candy or something like that. I guess it's not bad. I probably won't be running out to buy any more bottles of it but I did finish the bottle I bought so that is saying something.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting. I wonder if Donki here in Hawaii is carrying it yet. I've gotta try this.

    ReplyDelete