Friday, October 30, 2009

Tokyo Decadance Halloween Special

So, this is a little late but on Saturday, the 24th, there was the annual Tokyo Decadance Halloween party. This year, the event took place at the Christon Cafe in Shinjuku, which is a great place. Great food, great atmosphere and the wait staff are all super cool.

Anyway, the event itself is pretty huge and I am probably the least qualified person to give an overview of what happened because even though I was there from 8pm, a solid two and half hours before the event started, I was busy doing makeup for myself and some other people. And then, when the event started, I was staff in the Haunted house area so I was completely out of the loop for anything that happened until about 3 am.

However, I am able to produce a few pictures taken from friends of my costume and makeup as Tokyo Decadance staff. I'm the monster:


This is probably the best pic of me alone that I have. I think there might be others floating around but I haven't seen them yet.

Another shot with me and a friend.

This one is good for the contrast alone.


Another one with the same friend. I'm pretty much the same, she's slightly different.

The event itself is like a giant club where there are DJs and intermittent shows that occur. The Halloween event is slightly different than a regular Decadance because the shows that happen tend to be musical performances as opposed to the standard type of strange show or dance that normally occurs.

There was some of that though, at one point a giant robot that was probably 12 ft tall was walking around the dance floor. There were live performances, none of which I was able to see because I was either doing something staff related or something makeup related. Rolly, who plays Frank-N-Furter in the Japanese version of the Rocky Horror Picture Show performed. Some other bands as well but I am out of the loop on that.

My main goal was to creep people out or frighten them depending on my mood at the moment. So that's what I did. I was a very successful monster for sure.

In total there must have been over a 1000 people who came to the event. It was jam packed with people and even the high-ceilings of the Christon Cafe couldn't keep the place from heating way up. The event itself is easily the best Halloween event in Japan, but also a fun event whenever it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment