Wednesday, October 28, 2009

You can't out-weird Japanese chips.

Another blast from the past kind of post for people who read my private blog.

Anyway, the idea of this post started after a friend of mine posted a entry on his blog about "Ketchup and fries flavored potato snacks". The conversation on that came around to the obvious meta-ness of a potato snack being flavored as fries but also that Ketchup is kind of an off flavor for fries. However, having lived in Japan for nearly 5 years at this point, I've come across things that were multitudes more horrifying in the chip flavor department, and as an example of that I went to the nearest convenience store and took a picture.

Here is what I came up with:


What is the flavor you ask? Scallops and mayonnaise. No really, scallops and mayonnaise. That seems like an abomination that shouldn't have been unleashed on potato chips or the snack eating population as a whole. Maybe I'm biased due to my hate of seafood though?

It's like eating chips but with the extra worry that you might get seafood related food poisoning! (not that there is raw seafood in them but I wouldn't be able to get away from that worry)

Also note, these are only the weirdest I could find on the fly, I'm sure there are tons more where that came from. Hell, the ones below it are Japanese Curry flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment